Monday 19 April 2010

Initail design sheets/planning

For the actual form of the publication of my design context i plan to produce a magazine in either A4 or A3 format. I am leaning more towards the A3 format as it will allow the photographs of my set pieces to stand out showing more detail and it in itself then it is something nice and chunky to hold - making ti tactile and touchable more than A4 size.


I have decided for the layout that these will incorporate more photographs of set design not using a strict grid format. This will allow me to be playful with the text combining it with imagery.



Initial cover designs for the zine. I have decided to call the magazine, HANDS ON. this represents the designers choice to use there hands first when designing through craft rather than heading straight for the computer. 

I wanted to produce a cover which is dynamic and displays my title of the publication is large 3D handmade type, simialr to the Tactile cover. Taking elements from past sets which i have designed and incorporating them into the one.














No comments:

Post a Comment