Wednesday 21 April 2010

3D type experiment

As my design context is currently about set erection and the process of using paper to create a 3d set and then taking ti back down to 2D it makes sense that for the frount cover i plan to make a set on a large scale. I wanted to reccreate a cover in the same style to what Pixelgarten did for there cover of Tactile and Jullien Valles Tangible cover design.

 Both have similar features, with large bold 3D type with smaller paper objects which are random positioned around.










I started to play around with corrugated card as i thought this would provide a strong sturdy structure to my letter forms when mocking them up. 

I didn't use a computer generated typeface but i may in my final set, instead i quickly drew my own typeface which i feel worked fairly well giving the letter forms the extra hands on, tactile feel.



































No comments:

Post a Comment